Sunday 2 May 2021

Generalization

Where I come from, a lady who exposes cleavages is believed to have no atom of decency, so, 'amour' is what comes to the mind of every man that approaches her.

Every child who defends himself from the oppression of elders is a spoilt child while every one who dresses in the long flowing attire of the Hausas of Nigeria isn't intelligent.

Who will therefore blame me when I second guessed what the cashier at the Electric Power Company station in my Area of residence told me? To us, that office is a conglomerate of louts.

When I asked "A library? As in I can go read books there?" He just ignored me and smiled, thereby painting a picture of how stupid I looked after asking the question.


To avoid further embarrassment arising from the usual faulty insinuations of my people, I collected my receipt for payment made and proceeded towards the direction I pointed some seconds before, several flight of stairs and a turn towards the left hand side of the plaza brought me to a white aluminum door on the corridor.

This door didn't open when I turned the handle, unbelievable, then it dawned on me. Not again, there was a bell which an average intelligent person wouldn't have missed, how can I still assume my area don't have places where decorum is observed?

1 comment: